Friday, July 17, 2009

Day Off

Today, we are one week past due for the new baby (and it's my Mom's birthday HBD MOM!!).

Yesterday, I took the day of with the O Man. We had quite the good time. First, we went and got a coffee and a marshmallow steamer. Then we went to the park. We ran home and picked up Automme and went to Ice Age in 3D. Let me just say.....the movie was awesome. Oliver kept trying to reach out and touch the screen. Afterwards, we went home and Oliver took a nap and dad picked up poop.

Oliver woke up and I realized we had some issues that needed resolving. We packed those issues into a couple of water guns and took it to the back yard. It became a little unfair when Oliver got the "big gun" aka the hose and I got the pea shooter. He repeatedly kept calling "time out" until I got within range at which point he abruptly would call "time in!!" and I would get it. It got a little cold and we went in front to rinse off, warm up, and dry out. I got a chair for me (the kind that sits right on the ground) and Oliver got a reclining lawn chair made just for him (Thx Grandma Janet!).

Oliver and Dad sat side by side in the garage over looking the neighborhood and warming in the sun after the hard played water fight. Oliver sits back relaxed and puts his hand on Dad's shoulder. Oliver sighs and taps his fingers on Dads shoulder. Oliver calmly says...."great day Dad".

No comments: